Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Taste is Gonna Move You

My friend posted this on Facebook yesterday and I can't resist posting it here. The clip is of an 80s Juicy Fruit commercial featuring eager skiers hitting the slopes. Some amazing things about this clip:

1) The Stick Straight Skis - Sometime when looking around the slopes today, we forget that skis were at one time VERY straight and long. I remember when racers started skiing on the Rossignol "fatties" and we all thought they were crazy. Still love when I hop on the chair with old skool skiers rockin' the 80s straight boards.

2) Everyone is wearing Aviators - let's face it, these are never going to go out of style. Although sturdier variations are being made, they make you feel badass no matter if they were bought at a convenience store or Dragon.

3) The Acrobatics - The Daffy was an 80s favorite. I thought I was ssssooo cool when I first managed to pull it off and continued to do it every time I went over a mini-roller.

4) Lastly...it reminds me of Aspen Extreme...enough said.

Here you go:

No comments:

Post a Comment